Appendix C. Study Questions
- Study Question 1: What are the backgroundNatural or baseline groundwater quality at a site that can be characterized by upgradient, historical, or sometimes cross-gradient water quality (Unified Guidance). concentrations?
- Study Question 2: Are concentrations greater than background concentrations?
- Study Question 3: Are concentrations above or below a criterionGeneral term used in this document to identify a groundwater concentration that is relevant to a project; used instead of designations such as Groundwater Protection Standard, clean-up standard, or clean-up level.?
- Study Question 4: When will contaminant concentrations reach a criterion?
- Study Question 5: Is there a trend in contaminant concentrations?
- Study Question 6: Is there seasonality in the concentrations?
- Study Question 7: What are the contaminant attenuation rates in wells?
- Study Question 8: How do contaminant concentrations change with distance from the source area?
- Study Question 9: Is the sampling frequency appropriate (temporal optimization)?
- Study Question 10: Is the spatial coverage of the monitoring network appropriate (spatial optimization)?
Publication Date: December 2013